Sunday, November 8, 2009

Making Outlines on Conference

At the back of the conference issue of the Ensign you can usually find talks by topic, news, etc. This November I was looking back there and found a nice Conference Story Index that I found interesting. Also I read a little section of the counsel for teaching for our times and saw that one of the suggestions said to make an outline of how to teach the principles and doctrines. It got me thinking back to my Living Prophets Religion course at BYU. The teacher gave us the assignment to make outlines for several key talks over the years and we would hand them in as papers to get feedback.

I want to set a goal to make outlines for all of the talks in the conference issue by the end of the year. I want the outlines to be somewhat formated on the suggested elements from my BYU course but I'm going to have to look that up. Making outlines is a great way to have spiritual thoughts at your fingertips, and be led by the Spirit, I think the biggest asset though is the act of making the outline really makes you digest the talk in a whole new way.

No comments:

Post a Comment